Java Software Engineer
|Job Title:||Java Software Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Jerry Hayman|
|Job Published:||16 September 2022|
Java Software Engineer - Full Remote Working - Up to £55,000
Role: Java Software Developer - Full Remote Working
Field: Defence, Government/Central Government /Applications Development /Software Development/Java Spring Boot/Microservices/ Java
Salary: Up to £55,000
Benefits Include: Up 8% employers' contributory pension ,33 days holiday allowance (Including bank holidays), private medical insurance, access to flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays, and a cycle to work scheme)
A leading Science, Technology, Engineering consultancy providing solutions to the UK Defence and other critical frontline services are looking to recruit a Java Software Engineer on a fully remote basis.
You will support a key central government customer as part of an applications development and support team to fully support and maintain a system of critical national infrastructure adhering to engineering governance/best practice.
The system is currently being moved into the public cloud, experience in this area would be an advantage or at least a desire to acquire these skills.
- Work closely with team members and the broader programme to develop new functionality and to provide third line support
- Develop java-based configurations and solutions in individual services, applications or components in the development, test, and live environments
- Responsible for performing software engineering functions, including the design, development, testing, troubleshooting, and debugging of software programs for enhancements and new software products
- Apply best practices, development principles, standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the full software development life cycle
- Gather software requirements and provide analysis of hardware compatibility, development of software products and tools used for design, development and maintenance of infrastructure, and platforms
- Continually build relationships with internal stakeholders to achieve the successful completion of projects
- Proven commercial Java development skills, spring framework
- Java Spring framework, Web Services (XML, SOAP, Restful)
- Experience in software verification and validation including functional, regression, scenario, load, usability, stress, performance, and automated testing
- AWS or other public cloud
Desirable But Not Essential:
- XML Schemas, Websphere Application Server, Websphere MQ
- Unix, Build and Test Automation
- Working in an agile environment with waterfall aspects
- AWS or other public cloud
- Relational databases - e.g. Oracle, DB2
- IBM Software life cycle tooling including: Rational Software Architect, ClearQuest, and ClearCase
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a Technical Consultancy, and the opportunity to work alongside leading experts. To apply please send across your updated CV or call Jeremiah Hayman.
Vibe Recruit is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.