Linux Application Support Engineer
|Job Title:||Linux Application Support Engineer|
|Location:||Coventry, West Midlands|
|Contact Name:||Jerry Hayman|
|Job Published:||10 October 2022|
Linux Application Support Engineer - Coventry- Up to £50,000
Role: Linux Application Support Engineer
Field: IT Support/ Linux/Linux Engineer/Unix
Salary: Up to £50,000
Benefits Include: Up 8% employers' contributory pension ,33 days holiday allowance (Including bank holidays), private medical insurance, access to flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays, and a cycle to work scheme)
A leading Science, Technology, Engineering consultancy providing solutions to the UK Defence and other critical frontline services are looking to recruit a Linux Application Support Engineer.
Working within a multi-disciplinary team, you will be immersed in a critical Central Government programme currently undergoing transformation of the UK's biometrics platform to cloud. You will have direct impact on the current and future iterations of one of our most important pieces of critical national infrastructure programme.
- Support and maintain the system and any of its sub-systems which is across both primary and secondary sites and comprising of physical or virtual hardware either on-premises or eventually provisioned as cloud services, software, network services and data storage through both BAU and Project work
- Lead on projects, show task ownership and be willing to provide full end to end service for fault resolution
- Manage set-up, configuration and fault finding of key infrastructure ensuring that systems are working efficiently and to the correct specification
- Investigate and resolve escalated incidents and service requests within allocated SLA target time
- Provide analysis and resolution of issues
- Monitoring of the system using E-Health, Oracle Enterprise Manager, Custom monitoring scripts
- Provide technical support across operating systems (Linux (SuSe) , Unix (Sun Solaris), Windows and support integrated COTS Software
- Adhere to procedures and policy documentation processes
- Technical expertise in at least one Integrated COTS Software product ((Oracle, Postgres, SQL, Oracle Discoverer, Veritas, Identity Manager (IDM) , LDAP, Kerboros, Active Directory, NetBackup, LANdesk, Remedy , Virtualisation (VMware), AWS Cloud)
- Ability to write scripts (desirable)
- C Shell , Bourne Shell , Perl
- Linux (SuSE), UNIX (SUN Solaris)
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a Technical Consultancy, and the opportunity to work alongside leading experts. To apply please send across your updated CV or call Jeremiah Hayman.
Vibe Recruit is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.