Merchandiser Stock Controller
|Job Title:||Merchandiser Stock Controller|
|Industry:||Administration and Office Support, Permanent and Executive Recruitment, Industrial (Warehouse & Manufacturing)|
|Contact Name:||Michaela Bennett|
|Job Published:||12 May 2023|
My client based in Wrexham have exciting yet challenging role that's become available due to company growth. They are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated person to join their team in the role of a buyer - however this is a unique buyers role, as it involves monitoring stock and sales to ensure consistent and healthy levels throughout the year, while taking into account peak sales periods, upcoming trends, and events that could impact your order schedules.
As a buyer, you'll be responsible for establishing and maintaining strong relationships with suppliers and shareholders. You'll manage suppliers from overseas, particularly from the Far East region.
We would consider a Graduate with a degree in a relevant field who is looking to start their career, or someone who has experience in merchandising, stock control or similar.
- Establishing, building and maintaining relationships with suppliers and shareholders, ensuring a strong business relationship
- Comfortable, confident with managing overseas suppliers, typically the Far East region
- Monitoring stock and sales to ensure consistent and healthy stock levels throughout the year, factoring in peak sales periods, upcoming trends and events to help forecast order schedules
- Strong negotiation skills, working with suppliers to negotiate the best cost prices, lead times and payment terms
- Creative with numbers - able to produce and analyse reports in an articulate way
- Manage pricing across categories to achieve a competitive position, without compromising profitability
- Proficient in the use of excel at an intermediate level, as well as being confident on other Microsoft programmes
- Having a good understanding of your product ranges, competitors and the wider retail market, to ensure your products performance is maximised
- Work with other departments to help maximise sales, profit and efficient stock management
- Building relationships across all departments, communicating with managers and directors.
In order to be successful in this unique role you will need:
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent excel skills
- Ability to work proactively and reactively in a fast-paced environment.
- Comprehensive commercial awareness
- Good numerical and analytical skills
- The ability to identify trends and consider the impact on stock levels
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and calm under pressure
- Can cope with multiple tasks retaining high level of accuracy
- Able to find and extract data and develop a full understanding and awareness of business systems
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates effective team working skills
If you are interested in the role please get in touch asap
Vibe Recruit is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C