Property Maintenance Manager
|Job Title:||Property Maintenance Manager|
|Industry:||Industrial (Warehouse & Manufacturing)|
|Contact Name:||Naomi Gibbs|
|Job Published:||23 June 2022|
A fantastic opportunity for a Property Maintenance Manager to join an expanding Property and Estates department with our client based in Cardiff.
If you would like to be part of a forward-thinking business and have a job with excellent career prospects, we would love to hear from you.
The role will entail being responsible for the maintenance of the company's property portfolio. There will be some travel requirements for this role to visit stores, but mainly working from the head office based in Cardiff.
It would be advantageous to have a trade background, but not vital. You'll be working within a lean team, so being a team player and being personable is a trait the client would be looking for.
You can leave your mark on the business by helping implement better processes within the property team.
The role requires being very flexible in your thinking, great at problem-solving and being an approachable person, as you may be in meetings one day with stakeholders and the next with contractors who come to visit and sign contracts.
Role responsibilities will include:
- Ensure all reactive day-to-day maintenance is carried out for all the properties owned or leased by the company.
- Ensure all properties are regularly maintained through a program of planned preventative maintenance (PPM).
- Travel to urgent sites and carry out surveying duties following both planned and reactive maintenance work, and produce reports following such surveys for which we can act on.
- Identify defects and prepare technical specifications from schedules of works, working within all relevant H&S, CDM regulations, etc.
- Source suitable contractors for major and minor maintenance works and services. Carry out competitive tendering exercises as appropriate.
- Log calls and maintenance requests on department Helpdesk software, prioritise and issue works orders to contractors accordingly and liaise with the Maintenance Support Help Desk as required
- Oversee work carried out all reactive and planned works undertaken, ensuring the appropriate standards of workmanship are maintained.
- Monitor and review all invoices and quotes generated, keeping within budgetary restrictions at all times.
- Liaise with external consultants (Environmental Health Officers, Building Inspectors).
- Covering escalations outside normal office hours, shared with the lead property manager, this entails being contactable via phone if the out of hours maintenance team has a serious incident which needs approval before work is carried out.
- Any other ad hoc duties as required.
For more information, please contact Naomi on 07506 949615.
Vibe Recruit is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.