|Job Title:||Purchasing Assistant|
|Industry:||Administration and Office Support|
|Contact Name:||Dajana Kovacevic|
|Job Published:||22 November 2022|
Purchasing Assistant - Brackley - Fixed Term Contract
Position: Purchasing Assistant
Salary: £26K - £29K
Type: Fixed term contract
Hours: 8am - 5pm
Our client is a highly prestigious and well-known motorsport company who are looking for a Purchasing Assistant to join their team. You will ultimately be supporting the business by maintaining accurate purchasing records, import/export liaison processes and actioning purchase orders.
This role requires a high level of accuracy, ownership, timely action and liaising with colleagues and stakeholders across the business to expand the scale and scope of purchasing activities.
- Communicating with vendors to ensure quality issues are resolved prior to order delivery and ensuring data is updated accordingly.
- Prepare and maintain accurate records and documentation on all requests for quotes, responses, purchases, contracts, and correspondence including delivery information and dates.
- Ensure that non-conformances are raised and followed through to completion, documented and a replacement part or credit note is received from the vendor as necessary.
- Communicating with suppliers to ensure current purchase orders are progressing to agreed timescales.
- Ensure that all purchasing is complaint with the company's policies and procedures, terms and conditions and evaluation criteria.
- Request competitive quotations and negotiate best value with Suppliers for goods and services.
- Manage supplier performance to ensure cost, quality, delivery expectations are achieved and maintained providing feedback to Procurement or Production Managers as requested.
- General admin work including Word and Excel - writing up and logging processes on a continuous improvement basis.
- Supporting the management team in any other tasks required.
- Previous knowledge of utilising SAP would be an advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Remaining professional and presentable at all times
If you are interested in this role or keen to know more, please send us an updated CV or give us a call on 01869 321322.
Vibe Recruit is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.