|Job Title:||Restoration Technician|
|Industry:||Automotive, STEM, Transport, Logistics and Driving|
|Contact Name:||Jeremiah Hayman|
|Job Published:||21 November 2022|
Classic Vehicle Technician - West Oxfordshire - £35,000 - £40,000
Role: Classic Car Mechanic/Vehicle Technician
Field: Automotive/Motorsports/ Classic Car Restoration/Vintage Cars
Reporting to: General Manager
Salary range: £35,000 - £40,000 dependant on experience
Hours of work: Mon - Fri (08:00 - 17:00)
Benefits: 28 days holidays inclusive of bank holidays, overtime
A world-class vintage/classic vehicle restoration organisation are looking for a Classic Car Mechanic/ Vehicle Technician in West Oxfordshire.
The role will focus on evaluating the requirement of each bespoke project and by using your engineering knowledge and techniques. You will recommend solutions across a diverse range of specialism and provide hands-on technical support in order to meet customer needs as well as delivering the highest level of quality.
- Identify problems and cause of failure, recommend solutions and agree the scope of work with the customer
- Carry out restoration, reclamation, reconditioning, maintenance or servicing tasks as required
- Manufacture using specialist information available and use reverse engineering methods to produce parts that are no longer available
- Test and verify automotive parts and components using various tools and precision measuring equipment such as gauges, micrometres, setting gauges, callipers etc
- Provide technical/engineering support to internal departments and customers and assist with managing customer relationships
- Identify deviations from or additions to the scope of work and ensure that customer approval is obtained before work commences
- Engineering experience, within automotive/motorsports, ideally working on classic and vintage vehicles
- Engineering and re-manufacturing experience including reverse engineering and pressure testing
- Commercial awareness and good understanding of cost estimate/invoice process
- Attention, to detail, basic IT Office skills, good verbal and written communications are also needed
This is an exciting opportunity to join a prestigious automotive establishment. To be considered for this fantastic opportunity please send across an updated CV or call Jeremiah Hayman.
Vibe Recruit is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.