|Job Title:||Senior Buyer|
|Contact Name:||Alex Milton|
|Job Published:||13 May 2021|
£30,000 - £35,000 with excellent employee benefits
Have you got experience of buying in the construction industry, specifically steel? Are you looking to join a firm that can boast very impressive growth levels and an excellent reputation? Does the thought of working on a number of high profile projects that will great job satisfaction appeal to you?
If so, please read on.
With a view to increasing turnover and profitability, our client is looking to professionalise their procurement department with the recruitment of a senior buyer's position. This role has greater responsibility and accountability than a Buyer. As senior buyer it is imperative the job holder has vast steel procurement experience. It will be the job holder's responsibility to deliver project requirements on time, in full within a budget through great planning and organisational skills.
Ultimately, the job holder is responsible for completing the project purchased requirements in line with the project planned dates and will report progress.
As Senior Buyer, you will:
- Acquire quotations for submittal to approval process.
- Use PO's in line with project time lines.
- Have procurement understanding. Steel industry knowledge a must.
In you, they will be looking for:
- A strong negotiator with commercial awareness
Ability to drive delivery and profitability of existing projects.
Auditing of Suppliers / Vendors
- Continued CI activities towards supplier relationships.
- Contribute to Supplier / Vendor framework agreements.
- A solid understanding of negotiating / Managing Project Purchasing and Procurement
- Exposure to working with, and help developing improved ERP systems
- Experience within a manufacturing environment; industrial product sector a must.
This is an exciting new role with a growing company. If you are looking for a role with great career progression opportunities as well as a competitive salary and benefits, this is the place for you.
For immediate consideration, please forward your CV to Alex at Vibe Recruit today.
Vibe Recruit is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Sorry, this job has expired
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C