Senior Project Manager
|Job Title:||Senior Project Manager|
|Location:||Nantgarw, Rhondda Cynon Taff|
|Contact Name:||Naomi Gibbs|
|Job Published:||21 October 2021|
Are you an experienced Project Manager? If so, our client based in Nantgarw, a market leader in delivering positive customer outcomes for public sector and socially-focussed organisations, would like to hear from you.
Reporting to the Solutions Delivery Manager, you will be responsible for delivering particularly complex and high-profile projects for both internal and external stakeholders. Using sound and proven knowledge and experience of Project Management techniques and methodologies (including Waterfall, Agile, Scrum) you will ensure the smooth transition of projects through the design and delivery process to ensure customer requirements are delivered successfully; to agreed quality, time and budget.
The ideal candidate for this role would be one that is highly organised, can maintain calm under significant pressure, possesses excellent communication skills and the ability to achieve aims through persuasion.
You will be required to:
- Plan and deliver projects and change requests across the business
- Provide regular and timely updates to the project team and stakeholders
- Develop and maintain project plans to ensure projects requirements are clearly understood and delivered accordingly
Main duties and responsibilities
As a Senior Project Manager your primary role will be to ensure the overall management, execution and completion of a variety of complex and high-profile projects for internal and external customers to time, quality and budget.
Other core responsibilities:
- Coordinate and manage internal and external project resources on assigned projects to drive progress and resolve any issues (this role does not involve line management)
- Design project timelines and write project plans to ensure the successful communication of project expectations to all stakeholders
- Peer review project plans to ensure that they meet the expected quality
- Manage, document and appropriately escalate RAID (risks, assumptions, issues, dependencies) log for all projects, working with colleagues and customers to successfully deal with these
- Ensuring all projects are sufficiently documented and handed over to service delivery
- Establish project success criteria and gather feedback for measurement against this
- Manage and control project budgets to ensure that these are met, escalating and addressing any potential overspend prior to reaching it and producing reports demonstrating time and budget (e.g. actuals v estimates)
- Act as a customer advocate to help ensure our solutions lead to high customer satisfaction within budget
- Promote the professional image of the team and company both externally and internally
- Assist the Solutions Delivery Manager with other activities, as required
- Operate in compliance with all Company policy & procedures, HR best practice and relevant regulations required e.g. PCI, GDPR, ISO 27001, 9001 and 14001
Skills and experience
- Degree in Computer Science or related subject; or suitable level of previous experience in similar role
- Experience of working with industry recognised project management qualification, such as PRINCE2, Agile, Scrum Master
- Excellent communication skills with both customers and internal/external stakeholders
- Highly proficient in use of software project management tools
- 3+ years' experience in planning and delivery of a high number of complex projects (8-10) and workstreams in parallel
- Proven experience of co-ordinating and planning schedules for multi-disciplined teams
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently within tight deadlines
- Very strong commercial awareness with ability to manage budgets and forecast expenditure
- The ability to work confidently with stakeholders at different levels
- Strong influence, negotiation and persuasion skills, able to talk through impacts, risks and advise on solutions to key stakeholders
For more information, please contact Naomi on 07506 949615.
Vibe Recruit is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.