|Job Title:||Warehouse Supervisor|
|Location:||South Oxfordshire District|
|Industry:||Industrial (Warehouse & Manufacturing)|
|Contact Name:||Stephen Prior|
|Job Published:||19 January 2023|
Position: Warehouse Supervisor
Location: South Oxfordshire
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 (depending on experience)
Hours: Monday to Friday 06:00 - 15:00 or 07:00 - 16:00
As Warehouse Supervisor, you are responsible of overseeing and coordinating the daily warehouse activities, ensuring efficient processes and to maximise warehouse productivity. Ultimately, the Warehouse Supervisor should ensure that daily operations meet and exceed daily performance expectations and to maximise warehouse productivity.
To be successful in this role, you will be an effective team leader and experienced in optimising warehousing processes.
- Ensure existing processes are Maintained and where necessary, improved
- Take an active role in the Warehouse Leadership group attending any scheduled and unscheduled meeting as required.
- Support the business with various personnel management procedures, including Performance Management, appraisals, absence management, and recruitment.
- Assist with the recruitment process, working towards bringing the best talent into the team, reducing turnover and improving employee engagement
- Collaborate with Recruitment agencies to source Agency Supplied Workers (ASWS) in-line with business need
- Assist the Warehouse & Logistics Manager with the development and implementation of projects, processes & procedures that will improve the value, accuracy, and efficiency of the Warehouse service in line with the needs of our evolving business
- Occasionally raise purchase orders and ensure payment of invoices in a timely manner
- Escalate issues of concern to the Warehouse & Logistics Manager as required
- Support the development of the relevant business system(s); entering data accurately and maintaining information in a timely manner
- Ensure smooth day-to-day running of the Warehouse Floor Operation
- Ensure suitable allocation of hours to requirement
- Maintain a safe & tidy working environment for the team and other colleagues
- Conduct shift briefs and toolbox talks
- Actively encourage and promote Continuous improvement ideas across the teams and processes, through the introduction of Kaizen and quick fix.
- Coach and Mentor team members with a focus on succession planning
- Attend any Operations/Planning Meetings as required
- Keep the Warehouse and Operational Management team updated via mid shift updates and End of Shift KPI reporting, highlighting risk or change to plan.
- Run, maintain, and share Operational KPIs
- Apply suitable levels of business acumen in decision making and review.
- Implement any new processes, reviewing appropriately and feeding back where required.
- Manage resources including attendance and capability of immediate team members, ensuring any necessary processes are followed accordingly.
- Challenge noncompliance in all areas of the Warehouse function from Hygiene through to dispatch
- Hold IOSH or NEBOSH certification
- Previous Team management/Supervisory experience in a Warehousing and Distribution environment.
- Demonstrated continuous Improvement experience
- Experience in first and second level disciplinary environments, including investigations
- Strong current knowledge of best practice
- Strong time management and prioritisation skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent organisational skills
For more information on this position please contact Stephen Prior on 07749 496236 or
Vibe Recruit is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.