Warehouse Team Leader
|Job Title:||Warehouse Team Leader|
|Industry:||Industrial (Warehouse & Manufacturing)|
|Contact Name:||Naomi Gibbs|
|Job Published:||27 January 2022|
Our client, based in Oxford, is looking to appoint an ambitious Warehouse Team Leader on a full time, permanent contract.
This is a business that delivers on its promises and puts quality first, while creating an environment in which all employees can thrive.
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager you will lead the warehouse team to ensure all operational systems and health and safety procedures are adhered to. Working closely with the Production Planning and Material Handlers to deliver stock accuracy levels above agreed targets. Attending weekly review meetings with the Supply Chain Team to agree priorities and plan daily workload.
Duties and responsibilities
- Maintain oversight of the stores area, including external yard area, finished goods warehouse and raw materials stores
- Pick and prepare loads in advance of collection ensuring all documentation is prepared in advance of collection by third party transport
- Load and unload vehicles by use of a counterbalance fork truck and ensure all operational procedures are followed
- Prepare and locate products into stock locations and accurately record all stock movements on the system
- Champion the use of 'jobshop' system and assist/organise training of warehouse staff to follow procedures
- Work closely with Production Planning and Supply Chain Manager to maximise stores efficiency, space utilisation, stock accuracy and rotation
- Maintain high standards of housekeeping and champion 5S activities in the area
- Focus on all areas of cost reduction, improving stock runs, minimising storage and transport costs
- To work with the warehouse team to ensure holiday and sickness cover
- Conduct regular stock checks and maintain stock accuracy reporting
- Ensure all warehousing equipment is routinely serviced and inspected and repairs are conducted as required
- Filing and general administrative duties
- Participate in and actively promote the company's 'continuous improvement program' looking for ways to continually improve the way we work and to reduce waste
Hours of work: Monday -Friday 7:30am - 4:30pm
For more information, please contact Naomi on 07506 949615.
Vibe Recruit is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.