|Job Title:||Workshop Controller|
|Contact Name:||Jerry Hayman|
|Job Published:||19 August 2022|
Workshop Controller - West Oxfordshire - £45,000 - £50,000
Role: Workshop Controller/Manager
Field: Automotive/Motorsports/ Classic Car Restoration/Vintage Cars/Workshop Controller
Reporting to: Operations Director
Salary range: £45,000 - £50,000 dependant on experience
Benefits: 28 days holidays inclusive of bank holidays, overtime, cycle to work scheme, annual welfare allowance, Birthdays off and more!
A world-class vintage/classic vehicle restoration organisation are looking for a Workshop Controller/ Manager in West Oxfordshire.
As part of the Senior Management Team, you work alongside the Operations Director and Managing Director in helping the business to growth further as well as maintaining a professional yet family orientated culture. The successful appointee will possess a strong understanding of the automotive industry with a commercial astute as well as excellent stakeholder, leadership and project management skills.
The role will involve overseeing bespoke projects of high-net-worth individuals and managing multiple projects at any given time.
- Work closely with the Operations Director and the Managing Director to drive the business forward as well as maintain a fantastic working experience for staff within a world-class establishment
- Manage workflows across the entire workshop based around current and future projects
- Boost team moral through building effective relationships with staff and demonstrating strong leadership through leading by example
- Reporting on project milestones and deadlines, offering end to end project management
- Liaise directly with customers to take requirements, manage expectations, inform of any delays and to in turn win further business through the recommendations of existing customer
- Negotiate cost with suppliers, identify alternative suppliers as backup and manage lead time within the supply chain. Additionally order correct parts for vehicles in a timely manner
- Managing and coaching a team of vehicle technicians and apprentices, making sure targets and business objectives are met
- Scheduling work to meet customer needs, taking into account workshop targets, the complexity of each job and the availability of parts
- Develop working knowledge of industry regulations, restrictions, and laws, and ensure the workshop as a department adheres to all regulations
- Regularly carry out audit work and review client SLA agreements to ensure all standards are met, and that all work is carried out effectively, correctly, and thoroughly
- Oversee team members by performing quality check inspections and subsequently preparing reports
- Maintain exemplary working relationships with all team members across the business
- Every project is bespoke and to the highest quality, ideally you will have an interest in classic vehicles and motorsports
- Strong leadership, management and project management skills
- Previous experience of managing a workshop team
- Commercial awareness and good understanding of cost estimate/invoice process
- Strong attention to detail with a good level of IT skills across MS Office packages
This is an exciting opportunity to join a prestigious automotive establishment. To be considered for this fantastic opportunity please send across an updated CV or call Jeremiah Hayman.
Vibe Recruit is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.