|Job Title:||Workshop Manager|
|Contact Name:||Angharad Isaac|
|Job Published:||23 August 2019|
Permanent - Full time
Salary: £30,000.00 - £40,000.00 per annum plus benefits
Would you like to be part of a dynamic business during a period of rapid growth? Do you have proven experience of working in the Automotive Industry? If you answered yes to the above, then I would like to hear from you.
My client offers bespoke designs for vehicles with upgrading interiors and remodeling to create the ultimate unique commercial automobile. Due to expansion they currently require an experienced Workshop Manager. Reporting directly to the Production Manager you will supervise the daily production team which includes Upholstery, Assembly and Paint. You will have the proven ability to develop an efficient workforce whilst delivering exceptional customer service.
Duties and responsibilities
- You will be accountable for the quality of product produced within the designated areas through effective management of the compliance and quality systems
- Take full responsibility for achievement of the Production Plan. Resolving production problems with minimum loss to production to ensure customer on time delivery is met
- Actively lead and conduct EHS audits. Carry out accident, incident and near miss investigations as required
- Supervision of the day to day activities of the section including start up communications, organizing people, parts and process. Allocate and prioritise tasks and activities to ensure the completion of orders satisfying customer demand
- Maximise performance via measurement, monitoring and analysis of production information including scrap, output, labour efficiency, quality, area, audit scores (5s), environmental health and occupational health and safety
- Promote continuous improvement and as part of the team proactively seek new and improved methods of working to increase efficiency in the overall production process. Promote the CI culture and actively participate in events as required whilst supporting any business led initiatives
- Working with the relevant support function, to be responsible for all people management activities, including absence management, appraisals, discipline and grievances. Time and attendance issues, planning and recording of holidays and conducting return to work interviews
- Facilitate the development and promotion of an open culture environment where people take pride and responsibility in what they do and feel a sense of involvement and self-worth
Qualifications, skills and experience required
- Previous supervisory experience required ideally within the Automotive or Aerospace sector
- A firm understanding of EHS, Quality improvement tools and techniques and of Continuous Improvement
- A willingness to challenge, change and improve established working practices
- Adapt a systematic approach and experience of problem solving
- Working knowledge of modern manufacturing techniques; mainly Lean Manufacturing.
- Experience in using all Microsoft Applications (Excel, Word, Power Point & Outlook)
- Lead by example and a professional approach to company policy decisions
- Good standard of education
For immediate consideration please contact Angharad on: 01633 289510
Vibe Recruit is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Sorry, this job has expired
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C