Mechanical Design Engineer
|Job Title:||Mechanical Design Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Graeme Passau|
|Job Published:||21 May 2023|
Mechanical Design Engineer (Contract)
Initially for a six month period with a view of six monthly extensions - 2+ years potential contract length
To provide mechanical engineering design support to the technical systems of the research facility based in South Oxfordshire.
Work closely with internal & external scientific and engineering staff to produce mechanical designs for various projects.
The work will be varied and will cover a broad range of design work including:
- Design and routing of water-cooling pipework
- Support structure design
- Tooling and support equipment
- Access platforms
- Vacuum vessel design
- Precision component detail design
Desired Knowledge and Experience
- Experiance with Creo & Ultra High Vacuum
- Experience of large CAD assembly management techniques
- Experience and knowledge of robust CAD modelling techniques
- Knowledge and Experience of GD&T to BS 8888 and relevant ISO standards
- Experience of hand calcs to substantiate designs and FEA
It is highly likely that the work will continue for a number of years.
Please contact Graeme at Vibe Recruit for further information on 07971 309403
Vibe Recruit is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C