Health & Safety Officer
|Job Title:||Health & Safety Officer|
|Contact Name:||Michaela Bennett|
|Job Published:||25 November 2022|
Health and Safety Officer
£28,000-£30,000 + Excellent benefits!
Candidates must be NEBOSH Qualified
My client based in Swansea who operate within the construction industry are looking for a Health and Safety Officer to join their team in a new role that has been creating, reporting into the Health and Safety Manager to provide support in the delivery of Health, Safety, Environment, Compliance and Well-being both on site and in the office.
Using your knowledge and skills you will work proactively with managers to develop and maintain systems that promote a culture of safe working practices and preventative safety measures across the organisation.
You will be responsible for further developing the processes and procedure of the department, maintaining records and overseeing site-based training needs, gap analysis, Implementing training plans and working with Managers to ensure that appropriate training takes place.
This role would suit someone who is conscientious and assertive who is not afraid to have difficult conversations. You must be a good collaborator and team player who can help lead the Health & Safety for the company.
- Investigate accidents, near-misses and potential incidents and prepare appropriate reports
- Risk Assessments
- outline safe operational procedures which identify and consider all relevant hazards
- Carry out site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented
- Ensure working practices are safe and comply with legislation
- conduct in-house training and inductions with managers and employees
- Provide accident statistics, analysis and proposals of remedial action
- Produce management reports, toolbox talks and bulletins
- Ensure equipment is safety checked / installed safely
- Manage and organise the safe disposal of hazardous substances, e.g. asbestos
- Prepare reports to enforcing authorities and HSE as required by the Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations (RIDDOR)
- Maintain the company COSHH database
Essential Skills and Experience
- NEBOSH: Essential
- Experience of working in the construction industry
- Above Average IT Skills (Microsoft Office)
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills
- Holder of a full valid UK driving licence
This role does not have hybrid or work from home options.
Vibe Recruit is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Sorry, this job has expired
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C