|Job Title:||Purchasing Assistant|
|Contact Name:||Jerry Hayman|
|Job Published:||26 July 2022|
Purchasing Assistant - £23,000 - £25,000 - Abingdon
Role: Purchasing Assistant
Field: Purchasing/ Buying/Supply Chain/Procurement/Engineering
Salary: £23,000 - £25,000
Benefits Include: Starting Holiday Allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays, competitive pension scheme, life assurance
Are you already a purchasing assistant or someone looking to develop a successful career within a purchasing/procurement/buying capacity?
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a world class engineering establishment and develop your skills and qualifications further.
Established over 30 years ago by some of the most talented inventors of the time, this impressive manufacturer of state-of-the-art equipment continues to revolutionise its products and remain ahead of its time.
This role will involve liaison with colleagues and suppliers to ensure the constant flow of components is maintained within a complex manufacturing setting. You will maintain accurate purchasing records, import/export liaison processes and action low value purchase orders (less than £2 Million).
- Purchasing goods, materials, components and services, meeting requirements in terms of cost, quality and time
- Feedback accurate stock levels, vendor quality and NCR data to relevant departments e.g., Procurement or Production Managers
- Maintaining and updating company in-house MRP/ERP system
- Liaise with suppliers via telephone, email as well as communicate with various engineering teams/departments
- Negotiation of costs with suppliers
- Researching new suppliers, alternative suppliers as well as manage relationships with existing suppliers/OEM's
- Ensuring products/components are received within agreed time frames
- Support the purchasing function and other relevant departments and communicate any supply problems which may impact on business operations
- Prepare reports and updates as and when required relating to supplier performance to enable evaluation
- Carry out general admin tasks from time to time including but not limited to clearance of invoice and paperwork queries
- Writing up and logging processes on a continuous improvement basis using Word and Excel
- MS office including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Computer literate
- Good spoken and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to communicate and liaise effectively with people of all levels
- GCSE English Language and Maths at level C or above as a minimum
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for an industry leading engineering establishment and develop a lucrative career. To apply please send across your updated CV or call Jerry Hayman.
Vibe Recruit is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Sorry, this job has expired
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C