|Job Title:||Technical Writer|
|Contact Name:||Jerry Hayman|
|Job Published:||29 June 2022|
Technical Writer - Cardiff - £40,000 - Flexible Working
Role: Technical Writer
Field: Marine Technology/Radar Technology/Surveillance/Engineering/Technical Author
Benefits include: Starting Holiday Allowance of 25 days, plus bank holidays, Christmas period off, Pension Scheme up to 10%, Life Assurance, Healthcare, Income Protection
A leading radar and navigation specialist are looking to recruit a Technical Writer.
Working alongside the delivery team, you will be leading on translating system designs, technical design specs, test scripts, training plans, operations and maintenance plans into core product documentation. The role also consists of defining and maintaining an exceptionally high standard of customer facing documentation, focused on clarity and quality of presentation, for multiple purposes and uses.
- Documenting processes across engineering teams
- Document and edit technical documentation, operational procedures and manuals
- Research, develop and document technical design specifications and test scripts
- Set up a technical document framework and aiding the generation of documents through working actively within the relevant technical experts to convert their knowledge and working process to structured content
- Produce both electronic and hard copy documentation
- Manage parallel document publication delivery against a priority list, and report status on a regular basis
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive library of technical terminology, acronyms, abbreviations and documentation
- Develop a company wide style guide including standardised use of structure and simplified technical English
- Analyse documents to maintain continuity of style of content
- Manage updates, changes, defects, builds, revisions and releases to technical literature
- Implement and manage quality assurance process to ensure precision of all documentation provided by the technical writing function
- Technical background, ideally to degree level or equivalent, an engineering background in electrical/mechanical or systems engineering and previous experience as a technical author would be advantageous
- Understanding systems drawings down to installation design drawings (racks, servers, schematics, power and comms)
- Demonstrable experience in the application of lifecycle configuration management
- Experience of working with translation companies to create multi-language versions of documentation and maintaining consistency across multi-language documents
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise to meet deadlines as necessary
- Exceptional attention to detail
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for an industry leading radar and navigation specialist and the opportunity to work alongside leading experts. To apply please send across your updated CV or call Jerry Hayman.
Vibe Recruit is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.