|Job Title:||Accounts Assistant|
|Industry:||Administration and Office Support|
|Contact Name:||Dajana Kovacevic|
|Job Published:||12 October 2022|
Accounts Assistant - Part-time - Oxford
Position: Accounts Assistant
Location: Remote may require going into the office at times (Oxford)
Hours: Part-time - 14 hours
Pay rate: £14 per hour
Our client is a small organisation run by a charity and are looking for an Accounts Assistant to join their team. The main role will be to provide general accounts and administrative support to the Bursary team.
Ideally the candidate will have the ability to work beyond the normal hours for example during (year-end closedown) and willingness to travel will also be required at times.
- Accurately process day-to-day transactions on Zahara (Purchase Approval software) and Sage
- Ensure Petty cash controls are performed on a fortnightly basis
- Process Charge Cards monthly and reconcile
- Deal with incoming Bursary phone calls
- To respect and maintain the confidentiality of the processed material and ensure that any regulations concerning security or confidentiality are complied with
- To comply with all the organisation's policies and procedures, for example, signing in and out, timely submission of attendance forms, compliance with GDPR, health and safety procedures, etc.
- Undertake Bursary administrative/financial duties as determined by the Finance & Operations Officer and Head of Finance
- To be proactive and take responsibility for becoming fully familiar and confident with all the organisation's IT policies and procedures ensuring full compliance
- To help promote the policies within the organisation
- To carry out such other duties as may from time to time be reasonably required
Qualifications and Requirements:
- AAT part - or fully qualified, or with equivalent knowledge and skills gained through experience
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work as part of a small team
- Previous Charity finance department experience is an advantage
- Knowledge with Sage (or comparable accounts packages) and basic Excel knowledge
Please note that the successful candidate will need a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check.
If you are interested in this position, please send us your updated CV or give us a call on 01869 321 322.
Vibe Recruit is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.