Sterile Service Technician - Junior Assistant
|Job Title:||Sterile Service Technician - Junior Assistant|
|Industry:||Administration and Office Support|
|Contact Name:||Carlie Billingham|
|Job Published:||12 September 2022|
Vibe Recruit are looking for a Project Officer for our well-known NHS client, based in Essex.
This role is a Band 2 and will be 37.5 hours per week.
- The candidate will assist the manager, deputy manager, senior technical officers, seniors and intermediates to provide a professional cost-effective service to all wards and departments within the Trust, and to other organisations with whom supply arrangements have been agreed; and to provide such technical advice as these services require.
- Operate all capital equipment safely following work instructions. 28 Cubic foot sterilisers operating parameters of 137° c, manually operated using trolleys: Washer disinfectors operating parameters of 90°c manual loading, unloading, pushing and pulling required
- To ensure the safe decontamination of re-usable medical devices is provided to all service users
- Learn how to work in the disinfection area, work in progress, sterilization room and distribution section with training and support in order to fully understand the process and function of each area.
- Ensure all reusable invasive medical devices are fit for purpose, clean, present, and reprocessed to the HTM 01 series, and departmental processes (follow manufacturer's instructions).
- Follow the planned reprocessing actions, ensuring they are delivered safely and effectively in a timely manner and understand them.
- Work as part of the team to ensure that all work is delivered in a timely manner.
- Assist the Senior staff in final checks on internally manufactured reusable medical devices out of hours prior to sterilization if requested to do so.
Skills and Experience
- Must be able to demonstrate literacy and numeracy.
- Demonstrate an 'eye for detail'.
- Be able to work in a logical, practical manner.
- Show a previous history of skill development
- Be used to working as part of a team. Lone working also a requirement.
Weekly pay, every Friday, a week in arrears.
Please email: for any more information required for this role
Vibe Recruit is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.